Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Independent

I've been calling myself codependent so often in reference to the disturbing realizations I've made about my former relationship that it's nice to know I'm not incapable of living.  It's the simple things: walking to work, washing the dishes, doing laundry, filing my tax return.  None are particularly huge milestones in the life of any individual, but they are things I can do with ease and without fear.  And without help.

So yeah, maybe I fell into the stereotypical patterns of emotional editing we all do in relationships- but I can stand on my own two feet.  And that feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!