Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Spring

It's the change of the seasons that does it for me.  Both summer and winter tend to drag.  Day after day, the scenery remains the same.  The world seems duller, less full of life.  Monotony takes hold and it's harder to be amazed by everything.

It's easier during the times of rapid change.  Everyday something new to see.  A new scent in the air, a new birdsong, a new breeze blowing through your hair and across your skin as you walk.  There are sandals.  Shorts.  Sunsets.  The world takes on a vibrant hue and you can't help but stare in wonder.

It's during those times that I find this lifestyle of mindful awareness, of considerate observation, easy.  It's during those times that I can truly embody all these principles I hold dear.

And in a time of so much- so much- being not easy, I'm grateful for that.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!