Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

On the Other Side of 30k

Alright, made it through the battle although by doing something I’ve never done before: skipping ahead.  I got my characters to the place wherein the battle would take place, didn’t know how to write the next part, and skipped ahead to killing my MC’s love interest.  The death and aftermath have been rewarding to write, emotionally tense as they are.  So rewarding, in fact, that I’m not even stressing about that gap.

Because in the end, all that really matters is that I’m moving forward, both plot wise and word-count wise.  I’m nearing the downhill slope that everyone says occurs during the later part of 50k (being now at 31,193 words) and I’m too excited about that to be anything other than thrilled with today’s work.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!