Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Won and Ever So Close to DONE

Yes, it's true.  And I must, even though it is oh so self-serving, take a moment to say...

I won!  I won! I won!  I hit 50k!  And you know how?  By writing nearly 7k words in one day, that's how!  (And yes, for those of you keeping track that is my second largest single-day word count ever!!!!)  50k!!  Yay!

Ahem, what I meant to say is- yes, I have crossed the word count goal and it is very exciting.  Regardless of what comes next there is a warm, fuzzy feeling right now that nothing else aside from hitting 50k can produce and it's too yummy not to revel in.

But speaking of what comes next, I have a bigger, more important, more significant milestone to pass tomorrow.  Actually finishing my novel.  That's right- actually being able to, for the first time in the three years of doing this fantastic event, actually be able to write the words "the" and "end" on the last page after having come to a satisfactory conclusion for the story.

There have been far too many pep talks saying that the creative satisfaction one feels from actually finishing a story is far too incomparably wonderful for me not to push myself to that ultimately more important goal.  Especially because with two other novels that are both so much larger than 50k still incomplete it's impossible for me to not crave a completed (at least in first draft form) product.

So tomorrow, I will dive in once again to write that elusive last scene- the final battle to end my story.  I know where i'm going, I have a pretty good idea of how to get there.  Now it's just a matter of writing the damned thing and finally, for the first time in my life, finishing a novel.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!