Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of Halloween

Do you ever notice how time seems to speed up at the end of the year? The closer it gets to the new year, the faster the days seem to speed by. This is due mostly to the seemingly non-stop maze of celebrations and stress. Christmas starts at the beginning of November, nearly completely overshadowing Thanksgiving and turning the entirety of the last two months of the year into a never ending stream of commercials, overeating, family gatherings, themed songs and decorations known collectively as "the holidays".

The one thing that seems to be still sacred in this mess is Halloween. It's got enough hype of its own that the amorphous man-eating holiday blob is delayed until November 1st. As someone who counts Halloween as their favorite holiday I am incredibly grateful for this.

Grateful and determined to make every moment of the next 31 days count. So, to appease my own selfish needs, I am going to devote the next 30 days to all things Halloween. Activities that I’m doing to celebrate, reasons why the holiday is so great, some themed short stories, and some discussions of my novel for NaNoWriMo this year which, appropriately, is about vampires. For those of you who love this holiday like I do, stay tuned! (And for those who don’t, well… maybe I'll see you again in November.)

1 comment:

  1. Weeks seem to get away from me at all times of the year. I'm going to do my best to savor October now. My favorite month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!