Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Next Up

So, lets just ignore the fact that there's all of two days left in April and I just finished my March read and pretend that I'm on schedule for the challenge.  I know I'm not, but just pretend.

One of the biggest reasons for me doing this challenge- in addition to concluding that I'd be smarter, a better writer, and better spoken if I read more- is the fact that I have boxes worth of unread books lining my bookshelves and waiting to be read.  It's hard to justify buying more books, and there are so many more I want to buy, until I've read the ones I have.  So towards that end, I took a look at my bookshelf this morning and zoned in on the ones I haven't read. 

A lot of them are somewhat recent additions- Christmas presents and birthday gifts of novels by authors I already know and love.  The next in the series, another Amazon recommendation, something related to my interests and activities.  But some, like this one, I obtained so long ago that I can't even remember where or when I got them.  I tend to do a lot of impulse buys in used bookstores- they're like crack to me and I can't resist the need to get more.  I think this might have been one of those purchases.  All I know is, I haven't read it yet.

I'm kind-of excited, it's been a while since I read a short story collection.  And this one's got a lot of impressive recommendations on the back.  Plus Amy Bloom is a brand-new author to me and that's always an exciting prospect. 

So, no- there's no way I'm going to read through this whole thing in two days.  But May is 31 days long so I'm hopeful I can finish this and another one before the month is out.  So stay tuned for my review of this.

Oh!  And if you've read Amy Bloom or enjoyed her yourself please leave a comment and let me know.  I love learning about fantastic writers from the people who love them!

1 comment:

  1. I love buying new books, and I often accumulate new ones before having had the chance to read all the books I have. You're not alone there. Time doesn't always allow me all the reading and writing time I'd like to have, though I do my best.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!