Yeah, those are pretty fake.
Those stories stem from creatures who’ve existed for millennia. While their bodies decay, their minds never do, and the longer they’ve been around, the hungrier they become. They feed off people—not blood, but a life essence all the same, seeking to satiate a hunger that will never be satisfied. Being attacked most definitely means death.
Most especially, they target a unique breed of people labeled as the “Passionate”. So while you may not have to fear the Soulless will come stalking you at night, beware, they are hungry, and pray you don’t come across one of them on a Moonless night.
Top Five Ways to Attract the Soulless
1. Get depressed. I mean, really depressed. They like that stuff.
|Image courtesy of blackjack0919 on deviantart|
2. Flap your jaw about what you know—about them, that is.
3. Go hunting for their hives. These creatures are the ultimate predators, and the only thing that makes them more ferocious is when someone starts on their trail.
4. Run. That’s right. If you run, they will chase you. They can’t help it.
5. Hang out with the Passionate. Shooting hoops with them may just be your one-way ticket to becoming a Soulless feast.
Beware the Moonless night.
Crystal Collier, author of MOONLESS, is a former composer/writer for Black Diamond Productions. She can be found practicing her brother-induced ninja skills while teaching children or madly typing about fantastic and impossible creatures. She has lived from coast to coast and now calls Florida home with her creative husband, three littles, and “friend” (a.k.a. the zombie locked in her closet). Secretly, she dreams of world domination and a bottomless supply of cheese.
You can find her on her blog and Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.