Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Time Spent With Children

I've heard it said many times before but for the life of me I can't remember the last time I so clearly channeled my youth than today while spending time with two young girls.  I fed off of their excitement, their naivete, their fresh eyes looking at things for the first time.  I laughed louder, sang with more abandon, screamed with more force and loved more fiercely.  And every joyful moment was lived- fully and truly.

And there were so many other pieces of the day that were sheer euphoria- but they were all made better by the presence of those two girls.  It's a lesson to be sure, and a challenge to live that fully even without feeding off of the energy of children.  To look at the world through fresh eyes all the time.  To love without judgement, reserve or fear.  To live.  It's a challenge I take very seriously and one which I intend to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!