Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

Sight

We're not supposed to know the future.  I know this.  There are times, even, when I can be at peace with it.  But I don't like it.

I want to know that the choices I'm making today won't come back to bite me in the ass tomorrow.  I want to know that I'm doing the "right thing", whatever the hell that is.  I want to know that I am wiser, stronger, better equipped to handle all the uncertainties because I'm thinking things through and pursuing the best course I can.  That's what I want.

What I need, however, is to trust.  To trust that I'm doing not the right thing but the only thing I'm meant to do.  Even if it's "wrong", even if it's scary, even if it means pain and difficulty and a whole new soul-challenging journey.  I need to trust the universe to take me where I need to go, and I need to trust my soul to forge the path I'm meant to walk.

I'm trying.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!