Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things- Thanksgiving Edition

Thanks to Viklit for hosting this weekly expression of gratitude!

It's been a great week for me so I've got lots to celebrate!  For starters:

Happy Thanksgiving!  I had a wonderful holiday!  Spent the day surrounded by family, ate entirely too much good food, got great compliments on my contributions to the meal and just generally lived it up Thanksgiving style!  I have so many, many thing in my life that I am thankful for and spending the day being very aware of them made it wonderful.

Vacation!  We're only allowed to carry over so many vacation hours into the new year and I was over my max so I sort-of had to take some time off so I wouldn't lose them after the last pay period.  So the days surrounding Thanksgiving (i.e. before and after) are vacation days for me.  There's been some chores but for the most part our plan is to play as much Lego Lord of the Rings as possible.  (Do you guys know the Lego games?  We're addicted to them!)  So much fun!

NaNo  I am a scant 800ish words away from finishing my 50k and what's more I think I'm pretty danged close to finishing the story- period!  I have never, ever in the five years that I've done this had "The End" coincide with 50k!  Never!  And I can't tell you how good that prospect feels- though I'm going to try because there will definitely be another post up here when I'm done!

2nd Interview  So you all remember me going a bit nuts last week about that interview I had and how well it went?  Well I got the 2nd interview so I'm even more excited now!  I really, really, REALLY want this job and I think they want me, too.  If you've been crossing your fingers for me keep 'em crossed and God willing I'll have a big announcement about being hired next week!

Great week, great holiday, and great friends to share it all with!  So share your celebrations with me!

10.
17.
25.
47.
59.


15 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! Go, Beverly! Sending good thoughts your way for…well, everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 800 words is really very close, you will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Yay for almost being done and reaching your NaNo goal, and best of luck with that job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with the Nano, and enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, Lego Lord of the Rings sounds so fun. I'm on such a tight budget that I've never picked it up, even though it goes kind of deep on Steam sales and I have a PC that can run it well. You're tempting me, Fox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting the second interview, I really hope you get the job! I have my fingers crossed for you.
    I love the Lego games - my boyfriend and I just completed Lego Lord of the Rings a couple of weeks ago. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've had a good week! Good luck with the job. I have my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really are having a great week! Forced paid vacation days are always fun. Good luck with the interview and finishing the last 800 words. Almost there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited you got called back for a second interview--that's wonderful news! I'll keep my fingers AND toes crossed for you!

    Congrats on your NaNo accomplishment, and I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All right! Congratulations on the interview!! I can't wait to hear the good news. ^_^
    And pre-Congratulations on NaNoWriMo! ^_^

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    I hope you're enjoying your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow some great things to celebrate, will definitely keep everything crossed for your 2nd interview.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful things to be thankful for!
    That's awesome about your ms...only 800 wds away! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have achieved so much, I am so proud of you! I really hope you get that job! What an exciting opportunity for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh 2nd interview excitement!!! GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!