1. Display logo in your blog to show you've been nominated!
2. Link back to your nominator.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Notify your nominees.
Number one- check! Number two: please go visit Deanie here and the other awesome bloggers she nominated cause they're inspiring! Number three: Oy. Seven new factoids? It's getting hard not to repeat myself, but I am committed to entertaining so I will try my damnedest!
1) I am addicted to So You Think You Can Dance. I love it so much that certain routines will bring tears to my eyes. I saw the top ten performers of Season 9 live a couple of years ago and it was one of the best event-going experiences I've ever had. While not in season I watch clips of past performances on YouTube way too frequently.
2) Piggybacking off of that: I do enjoy dancing myself. But only within the privacy of my own home. You put me in front of other people and I become so self-conscious I freeze. While I have no aspirations of dancing professionally I would (someday) like to take an actual dance class- hip hop would be my choice. Then maybe I could dance in front of others without feeling so damned stupid.
3) A music fact: My favorite band of all time is Ben Fold's Five. I was obsessed with them when I discovered them in high school but did not get to see them live until last year. After all those years of idolizing them you'd think there'd be no way they could possibly live up to my high expectations. They did.
4) I have a rather severe case of arachnophobia. Specifically spiders and scorpions. I have many stories involving my fear-based reactions to various spiders I've encountered which are quite comical.
5) I don't like chocolate ice cream. Chocolate? Hell, yeah! Chocolate ice cream? Yuck. Most people I tell this to look at me as if I've just grown another head out of my neck.
6) I am originally from New York State and I hold an absurd grudge against everyone from New Jersey because of the re-classification of the Statue of Liberty as a landmark of that state. The new license plates are stupid and it makes me angry every time I look at them. My boyfriend is from New Jersey and makes fun of me for this whenever it comes up. "No one cares" he keeps telling me. "I do!" I always say- and then he laughs at me.
7) I am absolutely fascinated by the human brain. Of all the fields of science there are that is the one that interests me the most. I know a fair amount about it because of my studies but significantly less than I'd like to know. In another life I would have been a neurologist doing traumatic brain injury research.
And now, number four- the nominees!
1) Lisa Vooght at Flash Fiction
2) Silvia Villalobos at Silvia Writes
3) Francene Stanley at Stitching Words
5) Cat at Crap in my shoes, egg in my pocket
6) Lara Lacombe
7) Shell Flower over at Tangent Shell
8) Laura Besley at Living, Loving and Writing
9) E. Myrddin at Inky Heels
10) Nina D'Arcangela at Sotet Angyal
11) Joy V. Smith at Joy's Galaxy
12) Betty Alark at Self Actualization and Oneness
13) Shah Warton at WordsinSync
14) Sophie Duncan at Sophie's Thoughts and Fumbles
15) Lynne Schmidt at The Submission Process
And now I'm off to do number five! Please swing by all the other inspiring bloggers to be inspired and stay tuned here for more from the brain of Bev!