Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Very Inspiring Blogger Award

So a couple of weeks ago the lovely and inspiring Deanie Humphrys-Dunne nominated me for my first ever Very Inspiring Blogger Award.  Let's pretend it didn't take me a full two weeks to respond and just get to the fun part, shall we?

The Rules:

1. Display logo in your blog to show you've been nominated!

2. Link back to your nominator.

3. Share 7 things about yourself.

4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.

5. Notify your nominees.

Number one- check!  Number two: please go visit Deanie here and the other awesome bloggers she nominated cause they're inspiring!  Number three: Oy.  Seven new factoids?  It's getting hard not to repeat myself, but I am committed to entertaining so I will try my damnedest!

1) I am addicted to So You Think You Can Dance.  I love it so much that certain routines will bring tears to my eyes.  I saw the top ten performers of Season 9 live a couple of years ago and it was one of the best event-going experiences I've ever had.  While not in season I watch clips of past performances on YouTube way too frequently. 

2) Piggybacking off of that: I do enjoy dancing myself.  But only within the privacy of my own home.  You put me in front of other people and I become so self-conscious I freeze.  While I have no aspirations of dancing professionally I would (someday) like to take an actual dance class- hip hop would be my choice.  Then maybe I could dance in front of others without feeling so damned stupid.

3) A music fact: My favorite band of all time is Ben Fold's Five.  I was obsessed with them when I discovered them in high school but did not get to see them live until last year.  After all those years of idolizing them you'd think there'd be no way they could possibly live up to my high expectations.  They did.

4) I have a rather severe case of arachnophobia.  Specifically spiders and scorpions.  I have many stories involving my fear-based reactions to various spiders I've encountered which are quite comical.

5) I don't like chocolate ice cream.  Chocolate?  Hell, yeah!  Chocolate ice cream?  Yuck.  Most people I tell this to look at me as if I've just grown another head out of my neck.

6) I am originally from New York State and I hold an absurd grudge against everyone from New Jersey because of the re-classification of the Statue of Liberty as a landmark of that state.  The new license plates are stupid and it makes me angry every time I look at them.  My boyfriend is from New Jersey and makes fun of me for this whenever it comes up.  "No one cares" he keeps telling me.  "I do!" I always say- and then he laughs at me.

7) I am absolutely fascinated by the human brain.  Of all the fields of science there are that is the one that interests me the most.  I know a fair amount about it because of my studies but significantly less than I'd like to know.  In another life I would have been a neurologist doing traumatic brain injury research.

And now, number four- the nominees!

1) Lisa Vooght at Flash Fiction
2) Silvia Villalobos at Silvia Writes
3) Francene Stanley at Stitching Words
7) Shell Flower over at Tangent Shell
8) Laura Besley at Living, Loving and Writing
9) E. Myrddin at Inky Heels
10) Nina D'Arcangela at Sotet Angyal
11) Joy V. Smith at Joy's Galaxy
12) Betty Alark at Self Actualization and Oneness
13) Shah Warton at WordsinSync
14) Sophie Duncan at Sophie's Thoughts and Fumbles
15) Lynne Schmidt at The Submission Process

And now I'm off to do number five!  Please swing by all the other inspiring bloggers to be inspired and stay tuned here for more from the brain of Bev!

17 comments:

  1. It's fun learning more about you, Beverly and I'm sure everyone realizes you're very busy and they don't mind waiting for your entertaining posts. Dancing is fun to watch and I hope you can take classes sometime. The brain is way too complex for me. My husband's a physical therapist so he knows more about it than I do. People who are experts on it are to be revered, I think. Thanks for the compliments and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Deanie! I'm glad my responses were enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the nomination, Beverly! I have a few to get to, and am shamefully behind in showing my gratitude, but I will eventually get there!! Thank you again!!

    Nina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! And no worries on the delay- these things don't expire!

      Delete
  3. Beverly I am very grateful that you nominated me for the very inspiring blogger award!! Thank you! I would very much like to put the award on my blog. Is carrying out the rules/conditions necessary for the award to go on my blog? I have so much on my plate right now and to be honest I just think if awards are passed on I just don't understand why all the work associated with it is necessary. I know you didn't make the rules, im just saying, if someone nominates a person why can't the person just receive the award-period.

    I received two other awards but the conditions are the same and its just to much work considering my plate is filled with so many other things. It would be less hectic if the awards could just be passed on without all the additional rules.

    Any way I do appreciate it! Not sure when I'll get around to the passing on aspect; but I would like to know if I can still place the award on my blog?




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Betty,

      Yes, you can simply accept the award without passing it on. The primary reason for it is simply to spread some love around the blogosphere and let another writer know they’ve inspired you.
      Also, to my knowledge, there is no time line for when you post your facts/pass on the award. Most of us end up a few weeks/months behind the prize by the time we get to post our responses and I've never known the awarding blogger to become impatient in the interim. So if you do decide (when the plate is less full) that you’d like to pass it on you may do so at any point you like.

      Congrats!
      Bev

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your nomination, Beverly! :) Much appreciated! I really enjoyed reading your factoids ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for nomination and in return I've nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award! :)
    http://laurabesley.blogspot.hk/2013/05/my-fourth-blog-award-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! It's wonderful being inundated with so much appreciation!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the nomination!

    You're so lucky to go to a Ben Folds Five concert--that's a show I'd really like to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You're so supportive I couldn't not nominate you!

      And I would say that if you do ever get a chance to see them it really is so worth it. Best concert I've ever been to- hands down!

      Delete
  7. This was such a lovely gesture, thank you! I need to do some reading up on your site and catch up on my other reading too. Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remembered #3, and I still try not to judge you for #5. You monster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers, Beverley. I don't like spiders either, and I've always thought that chocolate ice cream isn't real chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun to read this, Beverly. Thanks so much for nominating me. Will definitely spread the love soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!