Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things for May 3rd

As always, thanks to our awesome host Viklit!

All the way through the alphabet!  Like so many of you I am celebrating having gotten to Z and giving myself my own little ticker tape parade for being stubborn enough to stick it through.  Writing fiction every day ain't easy for me but I do feel like it gets easier the longer I do it.  At this point I am determined to keep the momentum going by keeping up with that schedule (crazy as it seems) because it feels like I'm on the verge of something bigger.  I will keep you all posted on how it goes!
We need a more environmentally friendly way to do these things...

Blop-hop-apolooza  At this point I've got... 4 blog hops lined up for the month and I am so excited about them I wanted to share in case any of you fine folks want to join in, too!

First up, Alex, Stephen, Livia and Al are hosting a Best & Worst Movie Remakes Blog Fest on May 17th.  It's a great excuse to rant about the horrible remade movies you've seen and add your two cents about the ones you actually liked.  Click on any one of the hosts to join!

L.G. Keltner (who, by the way, wrote the most kick-ass serial for the challenge which you should all read if you haven't already) is hosting a Towel Day Blogfest in honor of Douglas Adams May 24th- 27th.  It's a great opportunity for any fans of the Hitchhiker's Guide.  Click on the link to sign up!

E.C. Stilson is hosting the Random Acts of Kindness Blog Hop May 27th- 31st.  The idea is to share a story of when someone(s) touched your life by helping you in a time of need.  This one's really near and dear to my heart because it's for a cause- after the blogfest, they're going to collect the stories and create an anthology, all proceeds of which will go to charity!  (This is something Wyman publishing does a lot because they're just that giving!)  Click on the link to read the story and sign up!

And last but certainly not least, Stephen, Alex, L. Diane and Michael are hosting the Get Healthy Blog Hop on May 29th.  It's an opportunity for all of us writers who tend to spend our time sitting, sedentary, in front of computers to talk about the tips and tricks that help us avoid early death.  Whether physical activity, favorite recipes or other insights you've gained in your journey to health this is your opportunity to share.  Click on any one of the hosts to join!

And, as always, I now invite you to hop a long and keep the celebration going!
15.
25.
36.

12 comments:

  1. Now I'm tempted to troll the Get Healthy hop with my 6 Tips-style narrative. Can't possibly be that much of a jerk though, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could do a parody post on your blog...

      Delete
  2. You're going to have a busy month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but blog hops are so much easier than fiction, in my opinion. That's for stopping by again!

      Delete
  3. I'm signed up to a few of these too, so I'll hopefully see you again. I'm also Celebrating and part of the IWSG! So hello!

    Best of luck

    Shah (IWSG)

    http://shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to meet you, Shah! You will certainly be seeing me again!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Beverly for reaching the end of A-Z! It does sound like you have another busy month ahead of you = enjoy! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're on board for two of our blogfests!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome that you are going to keep up with writing daily fiction posts. Yay. I'm sure I'll be seeing you on a few of those blog hops, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on reaching "Z" and completing the Challenge. I love the ticker tape photo, it's well deserved. Thanks for links to the other blogs, I've started to look at them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!