Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Celebrating the 3Ups!

Quick note: If you're here for Friday Flash, go here and here.  If you're here to celebrate, read on:
Today I present to you a double blog hop for your viewing pleasure.  First is Celebrate the Small Things
hosted, as always, by Viklit in which we celebrate the little things in life that keep you going.  We post every Friday and express our gratitude for the small victories, the simple pleasures, the good stuff.  Click on Vik to sign up!

Not to break with the theme, but today I'm celebrating something big- I'm celebrating the camaraderie of bloggers.  The support, encouragement, free advice, knowledge sharing and general cheers we get from our fellow bloggers can keep us going when that terrible inner critic kicks up again, trying to convince us that we can't write.

Yes, it's our job to keep that inner critic at bay and believe in ourselves by drowning out its criticism with new stories, new ideas and new experiments in our writing.  But it helps SO MUCH when other writers join in by letting us know that we really are pretty good at this.  Especially when it comes in the form of the gamer-friendly
3Up is the creation of Randi Lee at The Emotional Process of Writing a Novel.  She came up with this fantastic idea wherein you sign up, get tagged to visit a random blogger, go read their posts and then say 3 things you love about them.  It's a way to spread encouragement and it's awesome!  Yesterday, Michelle over at Writer In Transit 3up-ed me and I am still giddy (will be for some time) from the wonderful Ups she gave me.  They will keep me going when I start encountering rejection letters and other bumps in the road.

And now it's my turn to return the favor.  I was so excited to learn that I'd been tagged to 3Up the amazing Sherry Ellis because I already know and love her from her writing at Mama Diaries.  "I got Sherry?" I thought.  "Sweet!  This'll be easy!"  Here we go:

1 UP  Look!  Up in the sky!  It's a bird!  It's a plane!  No, it's Supermom!
Sherry is a supermom.  How do I know?  Cause I read all about her daily exploits on her blog.  From performing emergency surgery to having the absolute perfect response to an aquatic attack Sherry can handle it all.  And she it does with grace and fantastic sense of humor.  She doesn't need a cape to be recognized for what she is, it's plain for all to see.

2 Up  She's a super pet mom, too!
I'm a hard-core animal lover so when I see other people putting as much energy into taking care of the furrier members of their family as I do I know I've found a kindred spirit.  Sherry is such a kindred spirit.  From puppy woes with her dog Shultz to worrying about the best method to transport her kitty Bootsy across state lines she's got as much heart invested in these animals as she does in everything she does and that's awesome.

3 Up She's a super blogger.
Part of what makes someone a great blogger, arguably the biggest part, is their commitment to their community and Sherry is definitely committed to her blogging community.  She consistently comments on other's blogs, participates in Blog Blitzing and blog hops like this one, shares her insight on the world of publishing with anyone who wants to know and is generally full of love and encouragement for anyone in need of it.

So that's it.  3 Ups for Super Sherry.  Please go check out her blog, if you haven't already.  And when you're done, hop along cause this is still a blog hop.

15.
25.
36.


11 comments:

  1. I love your positive Friday posts, Bev. It seems like you're finding more and more admirable people in your blog travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry is just awesome! I enjoy her garden blog as well.
    Randi Lee created something really special with the 3-UP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh! That is soooo nice!!! Thank you so much. You truly made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your awesome comment too, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schultz sure is a handful indeed, always fun at her feed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Support in the blogospgere is always a great thing. There are some lovely people out there :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev you are such a bundle of positive energy, I can feel it from thousands of miles away.... I'm glad that I had the opportunity to explore your blog and learn a little more about you.
    I know Sherry well. She is super-awesome and has a great blog!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun idea for a blog hop. Yea for Sherry! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!