Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's the Dream Destination Blog Hop staring Julie and Lexa!



Today is release day 3 for Lexa Cain's new book Soul Cutter which came out December 2 and release day for Julie Flander's new book The Ghosts of Aquinnah!  So before we go any further let's hear it for Julie and Lexa!  
  We all know Julie and Lexa rock so be sure to stop by and celebrate their awesome new releases with them!  And, as part of the celebration, I'm sharing my dream destination with you all!

It's a well-known fact that great minds think alike so it's no surprise to see that one of our hosts, Lexa Cain, has a similar thought process to where she'd like to go: Scotland!  My dream vacation is a slight variation: Scotland and Ireland.  But the stars of the show are the same either way: Castles!

I've had the distinct pleasure of visting both Edinburugh (by far my favorite city of the trip we took) and Dublin but they both have one big thing in common: they're cities.  The real castle experience comes from leaving the beaten path and traveling through the moors and over the highlands to the castles.  My dream tour would hit all the big marks in both countries and leave me so steeped in history you could tap a vein and draw ink!  I don't know when and I have no earthly idea how we'll afford it but one day, while we're still young enough to enjoy it, Dave and I are doing a castle tour!  Mark my words.

And now, time to move on to the real purpose of today's hop and visit the exotic lands of Egypt and Martha's Vineyard where our lovely authors' stories take place!  First up: Marth's Vineyard!
A brilliant flash of light transcends through time.
Another freezes a cloaked figure within a frame of salty mist as waves crash against a rocky shore. Her harrowing expression shadows the beacon to a pinprick.

By the next blaze, she is gone. Only the lighthouse remains.

Hannah’s eyes blink in step with each heartbeat. Images of her deceased parents and Martha’s Vineyard explode like firecrackers inside her mind.

She shakes her head.

For weeks this eerie woman dressed in nineteenth century garb has been haunting my webcam, but tonight she stared into my soul.

Why? ...

Who is she? ...


Casting aside months of research on historic lighthouses, Hannah drives to the coast and boards a ferry.

What is the strange connection she has to this mysterious woman suspended in time?

Hannah finds out.

But, it’s not at all what she expects ...

Hannah unravels a century old murder.
The Ghosts of Aquinnah
BUY LINKS:
Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Smashwords ~ Ink Smith Store
Huge congrats to Julie for her awesome release!  I can't wait to read it! 

And, next up: Lexa Cain takes us on an exotic adventure in Egypt!

The Soul Cutter is hunting again.

Seventeen-year-old Élan spends her free time videoing psychic scams and outing them online. Skepticism makes life safe—all the ghosts Élan encounters are fakes. When her estranged mother disappears from a film shoot in Egypt, Élan puts her medium-busting activities on hold and joins the search.

In Egypt, the superstitious film crew sucks at finding her mom. When a hotel guest is killed, whispers start—the locals think their legendary Soul Cutter has come back from the dead. Élan's only ally is Ramsey, a film-crew intern, but he’s arrogant, stubborn—and hiding dangerous secrets.

When Élan discovers the Soul Cutter is no scam, she finds herself locked in a deadly battle against a supernatural killer with more than her mother’s life at stake.

Élan is fighting for her very soul.
Soul Cutter
 BUY LINKS:
Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Smashwords ~ Kobo ~ MuseItUp

21 comments:

  1. A tour of castles would be amazing! I hope you get to go one day, sooner rather than later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a few people on this blog hop mention castles in Scotland. It would be fun to go on a castle tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so romantic! What a great subject for a book too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scotland is very popular today! I'm with you, I love to go to Scotland and Ireland both. Someday!

    Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking part in our hop, Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. dream destinations. Been to both and especially love Ireland for the friendly people. Julie and Lexa's books. sound amazing. Martha's. Vineyard. is a dream destination of mine so am very interested in Julie's book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choices! I lived in England for a while and visited Edinburgh twice. So many amazing castles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Castles are sure proving popular as a dream location! There are some fantastic ones in the Uk, I have visited Edinburgh too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to visit a bunch of castles! And yes, hooray for Lexa and Julie - both books sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ireland. Yum!! Great picks! I'd love to visit there and Scotland as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ireland and Scotland sound like fabulous choices to me. My father was born in Edinburgh, and I would love to visit there someday. (But if you're gonna be visiting a bunch of castles, don't forget to wear a sweater!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, great minds think -- er -- dream alike! There are fabulous castles all over the world, but there's something special about the castles in the UK. Perhaps it's because they aren't hidden by forests, but are set near moors that look like their big green lawns. And then there's the mist. Eerie. Scotland (and Ireland) just have the right atmosphere for castles! Thanks fr joining the hop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both Scotland and Ireland look so beautiful. I'd go to either in a heartbeat. I hope you get to travel there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've spent time in Ireland and it certainly is beautiful. I didn't see any castles there though. But I was in a tiny village overlooking the Ring of Kerry. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been to Dublin and Scotland, but didn't get to explore enough of either. Us Brits let down the Celts something chronic historically, and some of them STILL hate us for it. But their lands are precious, and I'd battle through any prejudice for another, more thorough visit. Great choice. X

    http://shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did a day trip into Scotland while visiting England many years ago and always wanted to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah! Scotland! Either side of the border makes a great visit as the castles are thick and deep and in two different styles; the English ones are huge and the Scottish ones lean towards french chateaux style, part of the Auld Alliance. I hope you get a chance to go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never been to Ireland or Scotland before, but both countries always fascinated me with its beautiful landscapes and - of course - super-awesome castles :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A castle tour would be phenomenal! My husband has been to both Edinburgh and Dublin, but I've never been to either (nor anywhere near them). I got to live vicariously through his pictures (he was out there for work), but I want to go, too!

    The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, ancient castle tours given by glorious accents--now that's a destination! Love your wording here, "...leave me so steeped in history you could tap a vein and draw ink."

    ReplyDelete
  20. Scotland is a popular destination. And those castles are magical.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A castle tour sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!