Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things- The Last Celebration of 2013

Hosted by the wonderful and lovely Viklit.  Make sure you stop by Scribblings or an Aspiring Author to visit and view the whole list of participants!

My celebrations this week are as you would expect:

50 States of Pray  I am very behind on visitng the participating bloggers (guess what I'll be doing all weekend) but it was still wonderful.  The collective energy of goodwill displayed on so many different blogs all across the country was trully heart-warming.  I know I say it a lot but I am consistently overwhelmed with what a wonderful community this is and so greateful to be a part of it.  And Mark deserves mad kudos for setting it up- thanks Mark!

Christmas was Wonderful  We do a three-pronged approrach to the holiday in my family.  Christmas Eve is spent with Dave's family in New Jersey where his Italian mother feeds us until we pass into a coma.  Christmas Day is spent with my family up in New York where we open presents and, of course, eat even more.  And the day after Christmas is spent back home in PA where we sleep late, exchange our gifts we got for each other and just enjoy not running around all crazy for the first time in the week.  It is utterly exhausting but so very wonderful and my life is so, so blessed.  I know how lucky I am to have so many wonderful people who care so deeply about me and I am grateful to be able to celebrate the holiday with them.

Best Reads 2013  My wonderful friend John over at The Bathroom Monologues hosts a yearly book share in which he asks us all to share our (you guessed it!) best reads of the year.  It kicks off tomorrow but as I'm a bit more than halfway through one I think I'll want to include on the list I may not be posting mine right away.  (Hopefully by Monday, though!)  If you'd like to sign up head over here and leave him a comment with your blog link so he can add you to the list.  It's a great way to share your love for the best books you've read this year and to find out which ones to add to your to-read list for next year.  Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it.

Barely time to catch your breath  While we are still knee-deep in stocking-candy and giddy over our gifts the end of the year is quickly creeping up on us.  New Years Eve is only a few short days away and for me that means more yummy food, fun sugar-fueled video gaming sessions with my sweetie (he got us a new Lego game for Christmas) and watching the Twilight Zone until our eyes bleed.  It's a signifcantly more laid-back holiday then the one just past and I'm totally looking forward to it.

I hope you all had a wonderful, joyous holiday and wish you all a very, very Happy New Year!  See you in 2014!  (Unless you come back for my #bestreads and end of the year reflections posts.  Which, of course, I want you to.  But if you're just a Friday goer I'll see you next year.  That just doesn't sound nearly as cool...)

12 comments:

  1. Running around for Christmas sounds exhausting! No wonder you sleep the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tend to do a quiet New Year's, too - usually a marathon of a TV show or movie series and yummy food. :)

    Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great Christmas! Mine was brilliant. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to your favorite books list, Bev! I'm scrambling to finish mine as well.

    Also, I received your tin of cookies. It's always a highlight of my holiday. Thank you so much for the literal and figurative sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do something similar to you around the holidays, the week before is non-stop busy crazy, and then Christmas Eve and Christmas day are with family and friends, and then yesterday - I relaxed (by doing book stuff) but still more relaxing than running around. :) Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! New Year's game night sounds fun! I love those Lego games. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a great Christmas and your New Year's plans sound like fun. I like to have a quieter New Year's Eve too. Happy New Year to you, Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great, but exhausting, holiday. I hope you get a chance to rest this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas is usually very laid back for us, now that we no longer have little ones. Although the dog got very excited, just like a little kid, when he got help opening up his presents, which consisted of 3 new rope toys, a bag of dental chew sticks, and a chew snack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of traveling for the holidays, but it sounds like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grew up celebrating Christmas in this way and have very fond memories. Just hubby and me here, but that's okay. We like our quiet holiday dinners, and yes I do the big meal, but keep the portions within reason. Great for freezer left-overs. Best wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rest, dear lady you deserve it! Christmas was nice and I too am looking to enjoy a quiet New Year's Eve!

    Love the best reads idea, I'm working on my list too, but did not finish enough of all the new books out there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you. Christmas sounds wonderful. Thanks for celebrating with me in 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!