Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things- Preparing for Christmas


It's Friday Celebration time with our dear host, Viklit.  As always, click the link to sign up and see the full list of all the awesome bloggers participating.

This week my celebrations are:
Christmas Cards!  That little guy is my dog, Buddy, and he's staring daggers at me for putting him in that reindeer costume.  One of the best parts of having a freakishly adorable and tiny little guy like him is that you can torture him with ridiculous costumes and there's not a damned thing he can do about it.  (I'm pretty sure there's a special place in hell reserved for people like me.)  At any rate, I walked into the post office on Wednesday with a stack of those cards and a tower of boxes containing home-baked Christmas cookies (which take me forever to make but are so worth it) destined for places all over the US.  Friends and relatives are going to be greeted by that when they fetch their mail over the next few days.  And that makes me giddy.

Christmas Parties!  We had our usual potluck at work yesterday and I ate so much I spent the rest of the afternoon in a near coma.  Tomorrow is the company-wide Christmas party where I will again be eating way too much.  And in case all that doesn't put me into a diabetic coma we've got our karate potluck scheduled for tomorrow night, complete with the most ridiculously fun version of Pollyanna gift-giving I've ever participated in.  Awesome.

Christmas!  It's only a few short days away and I will be spending those days wrapping gifts, baking up a storm and trying to soak in every bit of the wonderfulness this time of year can offer.  I hope to take a brief break to go see the new Hobbit (cause how freakin' amazing is that gonna be?!) but other than that I'm in full-on holiday mode.  The key to this time of year, I've learned, is to be as present in the moment as humanly possible.  I know that's a good thing to practice in general, but especially now when things have the potential to pass by in a whirlwind.  So I will do my absolute best to pick up all the sights, sounds, smells and feelings of this wonderful and wonderous holiday, and to be grateful for every single minute of it.

Happy Holidays!

(P.S.  Don't forget to hop on the web Chrstmas Eve for the 50 States of Pray group posting hosted by the amazingly thoughtful Mark Koopmans.  If there's anything to put you in the Christmas spirit, that's it!)

12 comments:

  1. I really want to see The Hobbit, but I don't think I'll have time before Christmas. That picture is adorable!
    Have a great Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Christmas card! I always want to dress up the tortoises but I don't - they'd just tuck themselves into their shells to get away from me. Although, I suppose I could decorate their shells…hmm, maybe next year…. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special place in hell - that's funny.
    Enjoy The Hobbit and have a wonderful Christmas, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great holiday celebrations. And your dog is very cute, even when he shoots daggers. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I love the picture of Buddy! So funny. I want so much to put costumes on Clancy but he has such a heart attack when I try that I can't do it. Buddy is a good sport LOL.

    Merry Christmas, Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hobbit's on my list of things to do for fun during this holiday. Hope you get to see it. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! Christmas cards are the best. Hope you get to see the Hobbit with people who appreciate it. Martin Freeman's great. It's always important to just stop and soak up Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the doggie outfit!
    I'll be interested to hear what you think of the next Hobbit installment.
    Merry Christmas, Beverly! Sounds like you're having a blast with more to come! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. And happy holidays to you as well, Bev. I love having you in my life, even a little bit. And I'm pretty happy to be going into the holiday with these four stories done and out the door!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas. Buddy is adorable. As for the Hobbit, hubby and I just saw Hobbit 2 thinking it was Hobbit 1. Now how did we manage that? Looking back at last November and wondering what happened. Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is awesome! I'm pretty sure my cats would kill me if I put something on them, but your dog appears to be tolerating it well :)

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Buddy is so cute! I wanted to dress up our cockier spaniel, Bentley, but my guys weren't too happy about that idea. Maybe next year.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!