Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

The Thrill of it All Blogfest

Today's thrilling blogfest is hosted by the amazing Tara Tyler who is celebrating her soon-to-be-released novel Pop Travel coming out on July 7th by popping up all around the intarwebs- keep your eyes peeled as you hop about over the next few months to see interviews, reviews, guest posts and lots of other exciting things!  And co-hosting is the equally fantastic Heather M. Gardner who is celebrating her recently released novel Maguire's Corner available on Amazon, Smashwords and Kobo!  Please check them out today!

For my thrilling entry I went with the love side of things and composed a poem.  I hope you all enjoy it!

His Sweet Breath

He looked so tranquil
like a still, serene pond.
The pale morning light
gave the whole room a bluish tint
and promise.

His chest
all soft pastels
and touchable skin.
His lips slightly parted,
his sweet breath
warm on her shoulder.

Like this
he was nothing but possibilities-
and she could project onto him
any future her imagination could birth.
Dreams.

But in the harsh light of day
those dreams would vanish,
vanquished by the light,
like shadows at noon.
And the stark landscape of reality
would steal this cerulean world.

So she slid her naked body off the bed
holding her breath
as the sheets caressed her,
sending a lingering shiver through her lithe form.
She grabbed her dress.

She allowed herself one last,
longing look at this gentle world.
Then turned the latch
and slipped out.
Exhale.

And that's it!  It's probably different than you were expecting but hopefully enjoyable nonetheless.
And now, please hop along to read the other thrilling stories!

18.
21.




15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's very nice, Beverly, Thanks for sharing it with us. I think it takes a special talent to write poetry. It's one I don't have, unfortunately.

      Delete
    2. You know what? I honestly didn't think I did, either! But I started fiddling around and taking risks and people have been responding well. I say try it again and you might be surprised.

      Delete
  2. I love your poetry. ^_^
    I really like the imagery in this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was thrilling. (but I wish she had stayed - maybe he'll woo her later)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That was so enjoyable. I held my breath with each line.
    Le sigh! *fans self*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was very enjoyable. Ahhh poetry- the exact choice of words to convey a feeling and mood-- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really good and very enjoyable. Shame about her leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thrilling poetry Bev!
    Just the right amount of tension and intrigue! I also like the rhythms in your poem.
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful imagery. I imagine she is fantasizing by moonlight. And since I'm the reader, the reader is always right ;)

    Seriously cool. Read it twice. Pretty firm on my interpretation. Don't try to sway me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very enjoyable! And thrilling too in its unique way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice poem. He was like a male Siren the way you wrote it. Sensual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im not very good with poetry but do write a bit of haiku from time to time. Thanks for sharing your poetry today. It was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This poetry had amazing imagery. It was thrilling, beautiful and sad all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could feel the THRILL. I certainly could. :)
    Great post.
    Thanks for participating!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!