Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Celebrate The Small Things- Out of the Office

Thanks to Viklit for hosting!

Well, it's Friday and today I'm out surviving a friend's wedding.  (I'm writing this Thursday night, before heading off to a rehearsal dinner.)  So forgive me for taking a little longer than usual to stop by and celebrate with you all- I promise I will be around towards Sunday-Monday-ish.  But in the meantime, let's celebrate!

New Form  I finished learning Kong Sang Koon (a.k.a the mother of all Pyung Ahn forms) on Tuesday and it is awesome.  It's hard and there are a few moves that my brain can't quite make sense of yet in a "how the hell do I get my body to do that?" sort-of way but I've got the pattern down which is a big accomplishment.  Now, let me rep it out say, ten thousand times, and I'll get the hang of it.  And eventually, it'll look as cool as it looks when I watch other people perform it and then I'll really celebrate!

New Med Records OS  The new program for all of our clinical charting went live on Monday and it was, as expected, a nightmare.  There were documents that hadn't been built yet, critical functions that weren't working, overwhelming confusion and more calls to tech support than our hospital normally sees in a year.  BUT, and here's the celebration, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.  I was actually able to complete all the notes, treatment plans and census updates I needed to.  It took a whole lot of tech support but all of the consultants on campus were extremely nice and understanding, even when I called them for the third time that day.  And while it's still a long way from where we need it to be in order to do all our required documentation smoothly it's in significantly better shape than one might expect.  Plus the first week is always the hardest so that's a big reason to celebrate!

New Married Couple  If you're reading this Friday afternoon then there is a newly wed couple in the world celebrating- in a BIG way- their nuptials.  And I am celebrating with them.  'Nough said.

Well, that's it!  Now, as always, hop along!

15.
23.
31.


10 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun at the wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're having a great time! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the wedding!
    New software programs always take time. Glad it wasn't a total nightmare of a crash for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attending weddings is fun, you get to meet so many people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your dancing your feet off at the reception, enjoy, have fun, you have the rest of the weekend to recoup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have lots of fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the wedding :) And oh the nightmares of upgrading/changing systems, especially in a hospital. So many EMR/EHR changes going on I know the stress is high. GFC follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your friend on her wedding. It's not easy implementing a new computer program into the health system. I'm glad it turned out better than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the newly married couple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Wedding to the couple and I hope your dance went well.

    PS: you got mentioned:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!