Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Where I want to Be

I haven't seen the whole world and there are views so magnificent, I've heard, that the lines between heaven and reality all but disappear.   But even without those vistas, without those memories etched into my soul, I still feel like I've found my favorite place.

There are no grand views there.  In fact, it's a space you can only see with your eyes closed.  The experience is tactile, not visual.  Something for the soul rather than the mind.  And that is where I want to be.

Warmth cocooning my entire being.  Soft, comforting warm in the shadow of your body.  Held and loved and felt.  Without expectation, without need, without condition.  Simply love.

Time cannot reach us.  Trouble vanishes.  Thought slips away.  The voice of chattering requirements and judgements fades, eroded by the soft envelopment of your skin.  I am full, I am beyond limitation.  I have passed any barriers that keep me in.

Two people, held as one.  Two physical spaces meld.  Our very cells bond together.  And we are free.  Free from life, free from time, free from all that is not this.

That is where I want to be.

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!