Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Insecure Writer's Support Group- February 3rd


This month i'm feeling strangely secure as a writer.  I'm a little over a month into this writing every single day thing and it's going ok.  I can't say that I've blown myself away with my own creativity just yet but I can say that I've gotten more out of myself this way than I think I ever have before.  

The pressure to write everyday means that I can't- I absolutely can not- refuse to post anything I write.  So no matter how bad my inner critic may judge something to be and no matter how much I second myself I always end up posting anyway.  There simply isn't the time to be that critical, to revise that much, to agonize over each and every word. 

And some surprises have come out it.  The biggest being when- in the course of a single week- I managed to get five paintings and seven chapters of a story written for yoga.  Our assignment was to write a love story for heart chakra and my mind latched onto something right there and then that I needed- just needed to get done.  So I did.  No judgement, no 'this has to be perfect'.  And something poured out of me that I honestly didn't know I had in me.

So on the whole- it's working.  I'm writing- everyday.  And after such a long drought it feels good to have the juices flowing again.

5 comments:

  1. Writing consistently is definitely good for getting the creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting yourself on that schedule and staying busy with writing and creating means you have no time to worry about things. And that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    It's a blessing when creativity fills our heart, soul, and mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I read that right--you have a yoga class that gives you writing assignments? If so, that's my kind of yoga class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm so impressed that you've been able to do this! Kudos to you! I need to go back and catch up with your pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!