Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Loved

I've been prone to isolation in the past.  When life really sucked, when I felt too weak to deal with the emotional turmoil, when I couldn't face it I would just block it all out.  It felt like a protective mechanism at the time but in hindsight it only made it worse.

Now I'm a different person.  And today I was able to let myself be fully supported by some of the most magnificent women I've ever had the privilege to meet.  I felt like I completely and utterly fell apart and was held and loved by women who inspire me in every way possible.  I've never had that before.

So even in the midst of pain, there is reason to be grateful.  Even in the darkness there is abundant light and love.  And today seems like the perfect time to be aware of how incredibly lucky I am to have the worlds best support system.

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!