Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Bed

I've always slept alone, when I really think about it.  Sure, there'd be the mornings where I'd wake up and you'd be there- but it wasn't really what they mean when they say that.  Mornings are made for teeth-brushing and coffee making and dog walking.  Not lounging, and snuggling and sharing tales about the day.  And the kissing goodnight routine didn't make up for that.  Most nights, there wasn't even a ritual to goodnight- too tired, too dead to snuggle or kiss or talk.  So sleeping alone now isn't nearly as large of an adjustment as I thought it'd be.

In fact, it's better.  Because my furry little companion, my Buddy, sleeps with me now.  No longer confined to his little house where he'd sit alone trying to find comfort in the blankets left for him there he can now roam freely on that large, soft bed.  He comes and goes freely, without fear of being on furniture he's not allowed on, of tainting anything with his allergen-producing scent.  And when it comes time to turn out the lights he snuggles up next to me, his tiny little body warm and comforted by my shape and the covers he can freely settle into.  So really, when you think about it, I'm less alone now than I was before.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!