Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Big Mistake

So, I made a HUGE mistake yesterday.  I skipped a day.  I knowingly, with awareness and all reasonable ability to conclude what a horrifically bad idea it was to do this, skipped a day.  And now I am paying the price.

As I said earlier, I'm on the verge of something big and exciting.  I should be barreling into it with reckless abandon.  But instead, I've been sitting here for the past two hours occupying myself with just about every distraction I can find.  I've been watching NaNoWriMo You Tube videos (which there are a tone of, I've just discovered).  I've been writing e-mails.  I even updated my wish list for Christmas.  But I have not written more than a paragraph.  I have no idea why- why would you even ask me that?  There's no logic here, this is insanity talking!

I've got all the inspiration I could possibly need- knowledge that at this very moment, all over the world, people are sitting at their computers doing exactly what I should be doing.  I've got a keyboard in front me attached to a computer working perfectly well.  I've got a comfy chair and blanket and even a puppy cuddled at my feet.  There is nothing on my to-do list other than to write.  What more could I possibly need?

In all honesty, I could seriously do with one of those giant Roman slave drivers with a huge whip and booming voice telling me to type.  But I don't have one of those.  All I have is the knowledge that if I don't do this I am seriously increasing the likelihood of spiraling further down into a self-defeating vortex of doom which may suck the very possibility of hitting 50k right out of my soul, leaving me forever empty and lifeless.  If that's not motivation, I don't know what is.

Now, write!  WRITE LIKE THE WIND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!