Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J is for Judgement

 
 As always, a huge shout out to Ninja Minion Master Captain Alex and his army of ninja minions



My Theme: Yoga.  For those of you who don't know, I've been working on obtaining my yoga teacher's certification for the past year and am just a little over a month from graduating with my RYT200.  As such, I figure there's no better way to spend this month than teaching you folks some of what I've learned.
 In a large way, yoga and all the things that come with it (meditation, reiki, etc) are paths to seeking vidya which is a sanskrit word meaning "clear sight".  It's about trying to see reality as is it really is, without all the millions of ways in which our individual perspective misconstrues things.  At the top of that list, of course, is judgement.

We judge everything.  Other people, the world in general, ourselves.  Especially ourselves.  We see ourselves as lacking, as less than, as not enough of- in almost every way.  And we torture ourselves with an endless sea of judgements (or, at least, I do.)

Yoga is about, among other things, trying to see past that to the real truth: the fact that you, with all of your perceived flaws and failures- are exactly what you are meant to be.  Which is perfect.

It's about celaring our minds of that judgement so that we can see the truth.  Which is that we are already held.  Already healed.  And already whole- exactly as we are.

4 comments:

  1. Wanted to say... thank you for being part of the Challenge and keeping up with it!
    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2016]

    Stop over and find a free "SIX STRINGS: BLOGGING AtoZ CHALLENGE" Here: http://www.jmhdigital.com/

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't suppress judgment - it's too fundamental a part of our natures, bred into us to ensure safety. But I do try to shape my judgments, and am careful with which ones I voice and act on. It's the beginning, at least, to being more helpful to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Beverly, I hope you create a menu item with all the links so we can come back time and time again! Great information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish something could rewire my brain so I'd stop judging myself! I'm my own worst critic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!