Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things- May 23rd

Happy Friday and thanks to our host and co-hosts Viklit, Diana Wilder, L.G. Keltner, Cyborg Mom and CaffeMaggieato!  You guys rock!

This week I'm celebrating:

Have I mentioned how much I love karate?  This past Sunday I went to a really awesome training where I gathered with friends from my gym, masters from other gyms and other students to learn and practice drills.  They covered everything from some basic hand drills that open doors to a billion cool techniques to pressure points and their relation to the elemental system to the history of Okinawan karate and where all the different martial arts systems derived, how they spread, and how they developed.  It was serious information overload but so, SO much fun.  I keep coming back to the conclusion that really awesome people are connected with this and the more exposure I get to them the more I realize what fantastically good company I'm in.  It's the best community I've been in since college and I just love these folks.

And have I mentioned how much I love my co-workers?  Yes, I know I have- but I feel the need to say it again.  They are just so smart, so supportive and so wonderful to be around.  Group supervision is my favorite part of every workweek and I don't know what I'd so without it.

And last but certainly not least, 3 day weekend!  Woo-hoo!  I must say I was very surprised by how quickly this came up (a full week early) but I'll take a long weekend wherever I can get it. 

What about all of you lovely folks?


35.
38.
44.
63.
64.
69.


10 comments:

  1. Glad you got to attend that training. And yes - three day weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm celebrating the three day weekend too, there seem to be a lot of them lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, a big yay for 3-day weekends!! ^_^ So, so awesome about the training! That's really exciting. It's so great when we can have fun and learn at the same time. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must get back to the Martial Arts. I studied Judo and Aikido, but fell away when I moved. There are places here... It's interesting how they help to center and focus. ...and now I'm focusing on a great three-day weekend! Hope yours is good! Diana at About Myself By Myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karate is definitely great exercise--for the mind AND body. It's great you get along so well with your co-workers. Not everyone can say that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love karate too. I just came from judging a competition. So cool. Your training sounds awesome. Keep enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a special thing when you find a group of people that you can really connect with. This week I'm celebrating new linens!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you enjoyed your long weekend Bev!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!