Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

2nd Dan

Tonight, in front of the teachers who trained me, the students who tested with me, the other seniors who helped me and those who supported me I had a second stripe wrapped around my belt. I am now, officially, a 2nd Dan.

It's sort-of funny- I was more proud of the other students than I was of myself. Not because it wasn't a significant event in my life, but because the test itself and the training that came after it was more symbolic to me of what I actually accomplished. Tonight, while great, was more of a technicality.

But still, I must say again what a huge milestone this is in my life. I am proud of myself for what I've done, but even more determined and excited about all I have yet to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!