Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Across Another Finish Line


Thanks to several days of 4k plus and the endless chorus of "Go Bevy!  Go!" from dear friends I have hit 50k.  Unfortunately, I find myself in the same spot as last year where, in spite of having 'finished' my story is nowhere near done.

Last year, I challenged myself to keep going by signing up for NaNoFiMo with the idea of tacking another 30k words onto the 50k required by NaNo.  If you were reading my blog last year you know the end of the story: I didn't meet the goal.  (I got close, upwards of 70k, but not 80.)

I refuse to give up on this story when it still seems to have a lot of steam that could propel it forward in my mind.  But I also don't want to sign up for another challenge and then face the very real chance of failing again.  No, i'd like to actually enjoy my new years this time.

So, for those of you who still care, here is what I will tell you: I'm not going to stop writing.  I'm not going to put any goals for word count, page count or any other measures on it.  I'm just going to keep writing.  I will let you know how it goes, what discoveries I make, what i've found out about my story, whether or not it's building steam or dying out.  I won't promise to write everyday and when I do write I won't promise to work solely on the story.  (I admit i've missed the short little bursts of craziness that dominated October and i'd like to get back to that.)  But I will write.  And I wil keep you posted.

For those of you who have followed me on this journey, thank you.  For those of you with no interest whatsoever in NaNoWriMo I will quote an old favorite of mine: "And now for something completely different!"

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I will love it and hug it and pet it and call it George. Or, you know, just read and reply to it. But still- you rock!